The item for Friday, October 18, 2019 is below.
Item: You are hunting for the "Little Vampire Bat".
Clue: You will find it in the Coaster patterns!
The instant prize could be either a discount or a download of something that is free for today only.
"Snowy Garden Doily"
This doily can be completed in an evening and would make a great last minute gift to give someone at any holiday or birthday. The way the doily is put together is to make the center motif first. Then make 1 motif at a time up to the 4th round attaching each motif to the doily as you work
When you get to the current featured Pattern, you will be able to see the whole pattern but you will no longer be able to download the PDF file without either purchasing it or by becoming a member.
Recently Uploaded Patterns
Recently Uploaded Bead Sheets
Featured Bead Sheet
Blue Flowers Weave
- Seventeen compartment floss organizers are great for storing so much more than just embroidery floss! Use them for beads, and anything else that is small that you need to keep organized for any type of crafting!
- When working with black thread or yarn, put a white towel or cloth across your lap so you can see your stitches better.
- If you cut your paper into strips with a rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler, help keep the ruler in place better and more securely with a 4 or 5 pound weight. A neoprene covered hand weight works great for this! You might also want to put some non skid pads on the back side of your ruler to give it more traction.
- If you have a favorite pattern you like to make over and over again, slip a copy of it in a page protector and store it in a 3 ring binder.
- Doing rubbings with crayons on interesting textures is a great way to make bead sheets! Imagine the different color combination possibilities!
Word of the Day
hobbyhorse noun HAH-bee-horss Definition 1 a : a figure of a horse fastened about the waist in the morris dance b : a dancer wearing this figure 2 a : a stick having an imitation horse's head at one end that a child pretends to ride b : rocking horse c : a toy horse suspended by springs from a frame 3 a : a topic to which one constantly reverts b : a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation : hobby