Points accounts are back.
Official Launched Date: Friday May 15, 2020!
1. To Register for a Free Points Account!
2. Use the Membership Button Above.
3. Scroll to the Bottom of the page.
Right now this page is kind of a mess. I am adding information to it as it pops into my head. Over the next few days, weeks or months, I will make it more organized so you can find the information you want. If you have questions, please let me know, I can add the answers to this page as long as it pertains to the points program.
The Members Only buttons on the pages that are for Members only are actually for Gold Members Only. It will take a while for me to change them to Say Gold Members Only.
- There are 4 levels. Registered, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Levels are based on how many points you have accumulated and have currently.
- The higher the level, the frequency of being able to redeem points for files will increase. Once you reach the Gold Level, you will not need to redeem points.
- Gold level members get access to all member areas on the site.
- Everyone who was a registered member, as of May 15, 2020, will be at the Gold level at the start.
- Redeeming points will come back very slowly. As I feature a pattern each day, it will be made available for download by redeeming points for those who sign up for a points account, as long as you have enough points. I have to edit every pattern and template to make it possible to redeem points for them.
- I will be also making sure to make it possible to redeem points for paper bead templates.
- There will be areas that you will be able to reach only once you get to the Gold level however, those pages will not change. For example, the Pro Version of the Bead Sheet Designer.
Members who are at the New User level, Bronze and Silver levels will be able to redeem points for crochet pattern pdf files, bead sheets, paper bead templates and other downloadable files I add to the site. The point "prices" is 20,000 no matter the file size or type of download it is. It will be a slow process to add the special download button to the pattern pages and other pages that have downloads on them. In other words, they will only be made available for point redemption when I make a download page for them.
Gold members, nothing changes for you. You still have access to the files as they are now, that is not going to change.
If you have ever had a points account in the past, in the JPF Crochet Club, your points are not following you here. This is brand new and everyone who is not a paid member starts over from the beginning.
Your Status level is dependent on how many current points you have and not on how many you have earned in total. If you are a gold member, you can lose your gold status when you go below a current point amount. This will affect how many times per day you can download files, this only affects file downloading and nothing else. Gold level members can download files as many times as they want. New Members, Bronze and Silver members are limited to how many they can download per day, week and month.
It will be way different from the old system. It will not work the same. Everyone will start at the lowest level except those who have ever paid for lifetime membership or pays for membership in the future. Future members who pay the 12 monthly payments plan, will lose their Gold status if they cancel their monthly payments before the monthly payments end on their own after 12 payments.